Invisalign is an invisible braces system designed with clear, comfortable removable aligners. Each one of these aligners is custom-made to straighten your teeth, meaning patients are given utmost comfort and flexibility during treatment. Dentists recommend Invisalign as an orthodontic treatment when people have minor gaps between teeth or askew teeth.
Why is Invisalign important for good oral health?
Invisalign in Saddleworth not only straightens teeth in a discreet way so that others don’t know you are having braces treatment, but it also improves oral health through:
- Straightening teeth so that food is easily brushed and washed away, preventing plaque build-up.
- Better teeth alignment to gums reducing swelling and bleeding.
- Enabling better flossing that also prevents tartar accumulation.
- Being hygienic – removable for cleaning.
- Allowing easier oral function for chewing food and speaking.
- Stabilising tooth structure and bite, reducing tooth surface loss.
- Retaining mouth and facial form for beautiful appearance.
What is good oral health?
Good oral health means you take care of your gums and teeth through regular dental check-ups and visits to the dental hygienist for teeth cleaning. It also involves brushing and flossing as advised by your dentist and addressing anything related to your mouth that is out of the ordinary, such as sores in the mouth.
Having good oral health is vital for overall physical, emotional and mental well-being. It’s now well known that poor oral health can cause headaches and migraine, infections that can spread through the body, increased blood pressure and heart disease. Invisalign can keep you healthy.